SSC CGL GK Questions Answers
1. Which disease is caused by bacteria and spread though faecal matter by houseflies?
2. Who is the ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha?
3. Which colloids are solvent loving colloids?
4. Among the Union Territories of India, which one has the largest size?
5. During whose reign was the Purana Qila constructed?
6. Which Australian player was known as ‘Fruitfly’ amongst the rest of the team?
7. Which type of unemployment is mostly found in India?
8. The southernmost point of peninsular India, that is, Kanyakumari, is
9. Where are Shevaroy Hills located?
10. By whom was the Sikh Khalsa founded?
11. Under which act was the Supreme Court set up?
12. The state which has the largest number of seats reserved for the Scheduled Tribes in the Lok Sabha is
13. Chlorophyll is a naturally occurring chelate compound in which central metal is
14. Kodaikanal, the famous hill-station of South India, is situated on which hills?
15. On 13th April of which year Guru Gobind Singh established Khalsa?
16. The Olympic Museum was opened at which place?
17. Removal of clear layer of the liquid without disturbing the settled solid is known as __________
18. Which Judge of the Supreme Court was unsuccessfully sought to be impeached?
19. Which relates to the formation of the Himalayas?
20. The Maratha power reached its zenith during which Peshwaship?
4. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
5. Sher Shah
6. Merv Hughes
8. North of the Equator
9. Tamil Nadu
10. Guru Gobind Singh
11. Regulating Act 1773
12. Madhya Pradesh
14. Palni hills
18. Justice Ramaswami
19. Folding of the geosyncline
20. Balaji II
1. Which material is very hard and very ductile?
2. Which is called a ‘banker’s cheque’ ?
3. With Which game/sport is ‘Popping crease’ associated?
4. Which lake in India has the highest water salinity?
5. In which year did the Peshwa became the official head of Maratha administration?
6. Bhopal gas tragedy struck in the year 1984 due to the leakage of which gas?
7. Which was an associate State of India before becoming a full fledged State?
8. In 1930, Mahatma Gandhi started Civil Disobedience Movement from
9. Which is the first company-managed major port in India?
10. Which Governor of Bengal committed suicide in 1774 ?
11. Pulitzer prize is awarded for outstanding work in which field?
12. “The Indian Struggle” is the autobiography of
13. A change of state directly from solid to gas without changing into liquid state (or vice versa) is called
14. During summer, water kept in an earthen pot becomes cool because of the phenomenon of
15. By whom was the Vernacular Press Act was passed?
16. By whom is Recognition to a political party accorded?
17. Which scientist was responsible for the rejection of vital force theory?
18. Bourlog Award is associated with ?
19. What type of farming is practised in the densely populated regions of the world?
20. In which year Delhi became the capital of India?
2. Demand draft
5. 1748 A.D.
10. Robert Clive
11. Literature and Journalism
12. Subhash Chandra Bose
15. Lord Lytton
16. By the Election Commission
19. Intensive farming