|Important General Knowledge Question|
1. Give the correct name for the hormone which stimulates the nervous system and raises heartbeat?
2. What awards, founded by a Swedish chemist and inventor of dynamite, were first conferred on December 10th, 1901?
Answer: Nobel Prizes
3. What do English-speaking people often say when they are being photographed?
Answer: ‘Cheese!’ Then they look as though they are smiling.
4. Lending her name to a famous brand, who was the Greek Goddess of Victory?
Answer : Nike
5. From what port did the Titanic set sail on its fateful voyage?
6. What is the capital of Thailand?
7. How many permanent teeth does an adult have?
8. What is the boiling point of water?
Answer: 100′ centigrade
9. What is the American English word for the British English word-lift?
10. What are the 5 largest countries of the world?
Answer: 1-Russia, 2-China, 3-Canada, 4-USA, 5-Brazil
11. What is the capital city of Kenya?
12. Who invented the helicopter?
13. Who invented the electronic computer?
Answer: Berry Atanosoff-American-1942
14. What is the sport with the largest playing field?
15. Which fictional character had two ugly sisters?
16. What are the colors of the French flag?
Answer: Red, white and blue
17. Which is the longest river in the world?
Answer: 6,670 for the Nile
18. Which river flows through London?
Answer: The Thames
19. How many bits are there in a byte?
20. Which is the most famous long island?
Answer: Long Island in New York State, containing Brooklyn, Queens and John F Kennedy Airport