Top 50 Computer Knowledge Questions and Answers
1. Which of the following are advantages of CD-ROM as a storage media ?
(A) CD-ROM is an inexpensive way to store large amount of data and information
(B) CD-ROM disks retrieve data and information more quickly than magnetic disks do
(C) CD-ROMs make less errors than magnetic media
(D) All of these (Ans : D)
2. A ……… is the term used when a search engine returns a Web page that matches the search criteria.
(A) blog(B) hit (C) link (D) view (Ans : C)
3. The ……… is the term used to describe the window that is currently being used.
(A) Web Window (B) display area (C) WordPad Window (D) active window (Ans : D)
4. CPU is an abbreviation for—
(A) central programming unit (B) central processing unit
(C) computer processing unit (D) computer protocol unit (Ans : B)
5. A microprocessor is the brain of the computer and is also called a(n)—
(A) microchip (B) macrochip (C) macroprocessor (D) calculator (Ans : A)
6. Storage and memory differ with respect to which of the following characteristics ?
(A) Price (B) Reliability (C) Speed (D) All of these (Ans : D)
7. What are two examples of freeware ?
(A) WinZip and Linux (B) Shareware and file sharing
(C) Microsoft Word and the Google toolbar (D) Instant messaging and the Google toolbar (Ans : D)
8. If a disk drive fails but the computer application running and using it can continue processing, this application is said to have been designed with this feature—
(A) 100 per cent uptime (B) fault tolerance (C) high reliability (D) All of these (Ans : B)
9. What is e-commerce ?
(A) Buying and selling international goods
(B) Buying and selling products and services over the Internet
(C) Buying and selling products and services not found in stores
(D) Buying and selling products having to do with computers (Ans : B)
10. What are the four things needed to connect to the Internet ?
(A) Telephone line, modem, computer, and an ISP
(B) Modem, computer, PDA and ISP
(C) Telephone line, PDA, modem and computer
(D) Computer, ISP, modem and communication software (Ans : A)
11. Which of the following functions are not performed by servers ?
(A) Email processing (B) Database sharing (C) Processing Web sites (D) Word processing (Ans : D)
12. Which media have the ability to have data/information stored (written) on them by users more than once ?
(A) CD-R disks (B) CD-RW disks (C) Zip disks (D) OptiDisks (Ans : A)
13. The process of transferring files from a computer on the Internet to your computer is called—
(A) downloading (B) uploading (C) FTP (D) JPEG (Ans : C)
14. The………controls a client computer’s resources.
(A) application program (B) instruction set
(C) operating system (D) server application (Ans : D)
15. To reload a Web page, press the ……… button.
(A) Redo (B) Reload (C) Restore (D) Refresh (Ans : D)
16. Which of the following could be digital input devices for computers ?
(A) Digital camcorder (B) Microphone (C) Scanner (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
17. The………enables you to simultaneously keep multiple Web pages open in one browser window.
(A) tab box (B) pop-up helper (C) tab row (D) address bar (Ans : A)
18. You can use the………bar to type a URL and display a Web page, or type a keyword to display a list of related Web pages.
(A) menu (B) Title (C) Search (D) Address (Ans : D)
19. Storage media such as a CD read and write information using—
(A) a laser beam of red light (B) magnetic dots (C) magnetic strips (D) All of these (Ans : D)
20. Vendor-created program modifications are called—
(A) patches (B) antiviruses (C) holes (D) fixes (Ans : D)
21. Cache and main memory will lose their contents when the power is off. They are—
(A) dynamic (B) static (C) volatile (D) non-volatile (Ans : C)
22. The collection of links throughout the Internet creates an interconnected network called the—
(A) WWW (B) Web (C) World Wide Web (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
23. Every computer has a(n) ………; many also have.
(A) operating system, a client system (B) operating system; instruction sets
(C) application programs; an operating system (D) operating system; application programs (Ans : D)
24. Main memory works in conjunction with—
(A) special function cards (B) RAM (C) CPU (D) Intel (Ans : C)
25. A sales clerk at a checkout counter scanning a tag on an item rather than keying it into the system, is using—
(A) input automation (B) item data automation
(C) scanning automation (D) source data automation (Ans : C)
26. A(n)……is composed of several computers connected together to share resources and data.
(A) Internet (B) network (C) backbone (D) hyperlink (Ans : B)
27. Which of the following is a storage device that uses rigid, permanently installed magnetic disks to store data/information—
(A) floppy diskette (B) hard disk (C) permanent disk (D) optical disk (Ans : B)
28. Microsoft Office is an example of a—
(A) closed-source software (B) open-source software
(C) horizontal-market software (D) vertical-market software (Ans : A)
29. A popular way to learn about computers without ever going to a classroom is called—
(A) i-learning (B) isolated learning (C) e-learning (D) close learning (Ans : C)
30. A person who used his or her expertise to gain access to other people’s computers to get information illegally or do damage is a—
(A) spammer (B) hacker (C) instant messenger (D) programmer (Ans : B)
31. Which of the following is an example of storage devices ?
(A) Magnetic disks (B) Tapes (C) DVDs (D) All of these (Ans : D)
32. The………folder retains copies of messages that you have started but are not yet ready to send.
(A) Inbox (B) Outbox (C) Drafts (D) Sent Items (Ans : C)
33. Which of the following is an example of an optical disk ?
(A) Digital versatile disks (B) Magnetic disks
(C) Memory disks (D) Data bus disks (Ans : A)
34. The main job of a CPU is to—
(A) carry out program instructions (B) store data/information for future use
(C) process data and information (D) Both (A) and (C) (Ans : D)
35. ……are attempts by individuals to obtain confidential information from you by falsifying their identity.
(A) Phishing trips (B) Computer viruses (C) Spyware scams (D) Phishing scams (Ans : D)
36. An example of a processing device would be—
(A) a magnetic ink reader (B) a tablet PC (C) special function cards (D) scanners (Ans : D)
37. Which of the following is not a type of computer software which can be bought ?
(A) Off-the-shelf (B) Tailor-made (C) Custom-developed (D) Off-the-shelf with alterations (Ans : D)
38. You can use………to copy selected text, and ……… to paste it in a document.
(A) CTRL + C, CTRL + V (B) CTRL + C, CTRL + P
(C) CTRL + S, CTRL + S (D) SHIFT + C, ALT + P (Ans : A)
39. Video processors consist of ……… and ……, which store and process images.
(A) CPU and VGA (B) CPU and memory
(C) VGA and memory (D) VGI and DVI (Ans : C)
40. The main memory of a computer can also be called—
(A) primary storage (B) internal memory (C) primary memory (D) All of these (Ans : C)
41. Computer software can be defined as—
(A) the computer and its associated equipment
(B) the instructions that tell the computer what to do
(C) computer components that act to accomplish a goal
(D) an interface between the computer and the network (Ans : B)
42. When speaking of computer input and output, input refers to—
(A) retrieval of data or information that has been input into the computer
(B) data or information that has been entered into the computer
(C) the transmission of data that has been input into the computer
(D) Both (B) and (C) above (Ans : D)
43. A ……… is a set of rules.
(A) resource locator (B) domain (C) hypertext (D) protocol (Ans : D)
44. The connection between your computer at home and your local ISP is called—
(A) the last mile (B) the home stretch (C) the home page (D) the backbone (Ans : C)
45. All of the logic and mathematical calculations done by the computer happen in/on the—
(A) system board (B) central control unit (C) central processing unit (D) mother board (Ans : C)
46. There are several primary categories of procedures. Which of the following is not a primary category of procedures ?
(A) Testing (B) Backup and recovery (C) Firewall development (D) Design (Ans : C)
47. The operating system called UNIX is typically used for—
(A) desktop computers (B) laptop computers (C) supercomputers (D) All of these (Ans : D)
48. The………file format is a method of encoding pictures on a computer.
(A) HTML (B) JPEG (C) FTP (D) URL (Ans : B)
49. Press………to move the insertion point to the Address box, or to highlight the URL in the Address box.
(A) ALT + D (B) ALT + A (C) SHIFT + TAB (D) TAB + CTRL (Ans : A)
50. Computer systems are comprised of—
(A) hardware, programs, information, people and networks
(B) hardware, software, procedures, networks and people
(C) hardware, programs, information, people and procedures
(D) hardware, programs, processors, procedures, networks and people (Ans : A)
सरकारी नौकरियों के बारे में ताजा जानकारी देखने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें ।
उपरोक्त पोस्ट से सम्बंधित सामान्य ज्ञान की जानकारी देखने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें ।
उपचार सम्बंधित घरेलु नुस्खे जानने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें ।
देश दुनिया, समाज, रहन - सहन से सम्बंधित रोचक जानकारियाँ देखने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें ।